Friday, February 6, 2009

INTRODUCTION (Who Am I and What Is This Blog About)

Hello,


My name is Rebecca Hurt and I have been a Noah's Ark Animal Workshop Party Leader since October 2006. As a Party Leader, I travel around my county, teaching children and the young at heart how to create their own cuddly creations. I do this by showing them how to hand-stuff Noah's Ark animals, wish on rainbow stars with my special wishing ceremony, help them name their new friends when they fill out their customizable birth certificates and show them how to dress their creations in adorable outfits.


But I do so much more than that........I help children and parents create memories that will last a lifetime. I enjoy coming up with different ways to make my clients have these memories at their workshops.


I also publish a monthly email newsletter that includes fun kids crafts and tasty recipes, among other items. This had led me on a never ending search for fun, easy crafts that children enjoy to do. My recipes come from my own personal files where I have hundreds of recipes I have collected. My oldest daughter and I have food allergies so I usually cook/bake from scratch.


I am a mom of 2 young children and I find myself constantly challenged to hold creative, fun and enjoyable birthday parties for them.


This Blog is my way of sharing the various tips, tricks and creative ideas I have encountered during my Noah's Ark Career as a Party Leader and my experience of being the mom who throws the "Over The Top" birthday parties (inexpensively of course) that our friends have come to love.


One last note - the name WHOOPsie Daisy comes from a wonderful lady that was like a second mom to my husband early in his military career. She stood up as his mom in our wedding (his mom could not make our wedding) and was known as Grandma Jan to our oldest. Jan is gone now but her memory stays with us. She use to love answering the phone of her flower shop because she said WHOPPsie Daisy was so fun to say. Since this is a blog about creating fun......WHOOPsie Daisy seemed an appropriate name!

No comments:

Post a Comment