Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Easy Beef Strogonoff (30 minutes or less)

I found this recipe on one of my favorite recipe sites, however, it was too dry and needed some serious altering.  Well if you have not figured it out yet, I am use to altering recipes.

The best part of this recipe, besides being tasty, is that it is one of my 30 minutes or less recipes (very nice if you have had a long busy day.)

There is one more advantage to this meal, if you follow my recipe, it is gluten free because I use Brown Rice Pasta instead of regular pasta. (using regular or whole wheat pasta is fine, I just can't use it because of allergies.)

Easy Beef Strogonoff (30 minutes or less)

Ingredients:
1 lb. Top Sirloin Steak sliced in small strips
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cube or packet of beef bouillon (make sure it is gluten free if needed)
1 medium onion sliced
12 oz. sour cream (can use low fat or fat free)
oil

8 oz. brown rice pasta (or other pasta)


Directions:
In a large skillet, brown beef in oil over medium high heat.  When meat is done, drain excess fat from skillet.  Add garlic powder, salt, pepper and stir.

Add bouillon and onion to skillet and saute until onions are translucent.  Remove from the heat (very important) and add sour cream.  Stir all together and serve over hot cooked noodles.

For noodles, cook per directions.


Note: without any alterations (like low fat or fat free sour cream) this recipe is 977 calories per serving.

After I tried this recipe like it is here, this quickly became a family favorite. One that they ask for often. I hope your family enjoys it as much as our family has!

Keep it Tasty!
Rebecca

1 comment: